Blogger Talks About Client Relations
Blogger long since has discovered an amazing fact: alleged criminals occasionally lie to their attorney.
Blogger normally uses the following discourse or something similar to get a shaky meeting of the minds back on the track of truth.
"Before we go on I think it's important that you understand something.
I am your lawyer.
I will fight for you. I will never quit trying to get you the best deal that I can. It's my job and I take it seriously.
However, you're lying to me.
You are lying to the person who at this time in your life, is the best friend you've got. There's nothing but me standing between you and a prison cell. And that cell is filled with inmates who will probably think you're the best looking thing they've seen since the 67 year old woman crossing the street two blocks from the prison as they were riding in on the bus 3 years ago.
I'm here. I'm your lawyer. And I need to hear everything that happened and not just the parts that you wrote home to your mother. Now where were we?"
Blogger has noticed that most of his professional friendships with clients don't seem to cross over to social settings.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home